I'm happy to report that this week was a huge improvement over last! It could be due to the drop in temperatures we've finally had here in LA, or perhaps it's thanks to the fact that I at last completed the book manuscript rewrites I'd been avoiding for a while. Or maybe yesterday's grilled s'mores sandwich had something to do with it? I'm just grateful for a few days of smooth sailing after some seriously rocky waters. I hope you all had a good week too! Now before you head off into the great blue weekend yonder, here are some highlights that I saved from my Bloglovin feed this week (and be sure to follow The City Sage on Bloglovin so you don't miss the good stuff I have in the works):
- Pancakes are pretty much the unofficial food of the weekend, am I right? Though I'm partial to my own recipe for gluten free protein pancakes, I wouldn't need much convincing to try guiltless chocolate chip pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, carrot cake pancakes, or grain-free blueberry banana pancakes!
- As far as decor trends go, hanging plants are the new woodland creatures. If you're like me and a DIY macrame plant hanger is way beyond your skill (and patience) level, this DIY leather plant hanger looks easy as pie!
- I've been busy! Find me around the web sharing tips on how to choose bedroom lighting, favorite bonfire essentials for outdoor fall fun, some simple and easy entryway decorating ideas, and my thoughts regarding how to handle jealousy.
- My Halloween decor of choice has always veered more towards spooky and silly than genuinely scary, and Cassandra hit the nail on the head with her swamp-inspired Halloween party! Or if Halloween's not your thing, a fall picnic will do just fine.
- Wardrobe in need of a shakeup? Check out these styling ideas for baggy jeans, fall pastels, and pretty much every outfit Alicia has worn, ever.
See you Monday! xo Anne
Image via @citysage on Instagram