Last Sunday I attended an Enneagram workshop. (Do you know about the Enneagram? It’s an ancient personality typing system that’s uncannily accurate. Take this test to get your Enneagram number! I’m obsessed!) Anyhoo, I’m a Type 4, and true to type I tend to notice what’s missing in a situation before noticing what’s good about it. The instructor of the workshop suggested that a practice of making gratitude lists, though valuable for everyone, can be especially useful for Type 4’s in shifting from a negative to a positive perspective. So I’m implementing a Friday gratitude list around here, ruled by no rhyme or reason other than what struck my fancy in the past week! So here goes:
- My BFF and biz partner Caroline Lee started a photo series entitled “Loving You Feels” in response to the events of Charlottesville. It’s an homage to the many beautiful and diverse ways that love exists all around us, and it’s a must-see.
- One of my favorite bands, The War on drugs, just released their new album A Deeper Understanding. The vibes are very “nostalgic for when I was a kid riding around in my dad’s car while Dire Straits and Springsteen play on the cassette deck” and I’m majorly digging it!
- Yesterday I met a dog named Giovanni and you absolutely have to see his haircut.
- I just found out that Actor Sam Neill runs an organic farm and vineyard in his native New Zealand and he posts hilarious animal hijinks on his Twitter feed.
- We’re knee-deep in a kitchen renovation and yesterday our carpenter installed a pocket door leading from the kitchen to the hallway. I suddenly feel so grown-up and sophisticated!
- When the news seems nothing but depressing or enraging, the Slow News Twitter feed is delightfully banal.
- The preponderance of paper bag pants currently on the market for fall brings me great joy. (Also I’ll take any excuse to use the word ‘preponderance’.)
- You haven’t lived until you’ve had a cookie from LA bakery Milk Jar Cookies, and now Williams Sonoma is has made their cookie mixes available nationwide! Seriously. So. Delish.
- Getting creative in the fight against white supremacy. Bonus points for a punny headline.
- Grace at Design*Sponge delivers a great piece on the current business of blogging.
- Hash brown waffles on my dinner agenda for tonight. Enough said.
What are you grateful for this week? Have a fabulous weekend, friends!