Now that I’m finally back into the swing of things after being on the road, I’ve been able to reflect on the best new designs that I spotted during my trip to High Point Market in April. I love going to High Point, since I always get an early look at the new product launches coming down the pipeline. This market surpassed all expectations! I came home with my camera role full of the top 2019 design trends, and I’m excited to round up a few of my favorites for you guys here!
First up? Pill-shaped accents were everywhere this market! The shape is part of a larger resurgence of art deco motifs, and it definitely evokes that era’s blend of modernism and sensuality. I’m a huge fan of it in applications both large and small! It’s a fun, unique shape for wall decor and lighting. And when applied to big pieces like seating and casegoods, it’s a serious showstopper—and one of my top 2019 design trends!
1. A compact leather ottoman fits brilliantly at the foot of a bed, or could be paired up in a living area for a pleasing sense of symmetry!
2. Black wood and mother-of-pearl combine in a pill-shaped mirror that would add a touch of art deco glamour to vanity or entryway.
3. We just ordered these pill-shaped brass sconces to flank the fireplace in a client’s home. The mix of opaque and transparent glass is such a fun detail!
4. A rounded-edge profile and channel back tufting make for a major statement in a curved sofa that’s upholstered in a textured woven stripe.
5. The tall and narrow shape of this open-shelved etagere makes it a prime candidate for storage or display in tight quarters like a bathroom or hallway.
6. Black and white marble nesting tables form a pill shape when positioned together, then slide apart to provide versatile surface space!
7. This stunner of a console is fully customizable in any combination of finishes you choose; you could even have those pill-shaped cutouts made in the exact Pantone color of your dreams!
Top Image: Studio Life/Style