Woven materials have been having a real moment in home decor for the past couple years, and I’m totally here for it! From rattan to grasscloth, they’re all gorgeous—but none speaks my language quite so loudly as woven cane. It’s at once tactile and textural, but thanks to the open weave construction and grid of repeating circles, it has a modern graphic appeal that feels clean and fresh. I especially love cane dining chairs for adding an organic touch to any setting.
Cluster them around a table, or use just one as an accent chair in an entryway or bedroom! Here’s eight of my most versatile faves that appeal to any style:
1. Most cane chairs feature curved silhouettes, so I’m drawn to this angular wood dining chair as a contemporary alternative to the norm.
2. Though I’m partial to the black version of this molded wood dining chair, it comes in multiple hues—including hunter green!—so you can have a side of color with your cane!
3. A subtle farmhouse vibe characterizes this pretty bentwood dining chair. It has “rustic B&B in Provence” written all over it.
4. Incorporate the look of cane into your patio decor with these metal outdoor dining chairs that replicate the woven look while also bringing major durability to the table!
5. Not only is this black and natural cane dining chair a beautiful example of woven decor, it also boasts Deco curves and a boucle seat. A perfect storm of the season’s hottest trends!
6. The C-Chair was designed by a French interior architect after World War II, and it has all the sophisticated elan you’d expect from an icon of that era.
7. A reproduction version of the celebrated Cesca Chair, this chrome cantilevered style is the granddaddy of all woven cane dining chairs. And at $119, it’s downright affordable!
8. This handsome, somewhat classical take on the trend has an 18th century aura, making it ideally suited for traditional dining settings—or for putting an unexpected twist on a modern space.