Happy Friday! I trust everyone survived the week? Mine was busy but not without its pleasures, including a fabulous celebration dinner at Bestia, my absolute favorite restaurant here in LA. (Apparently the way to my heart is through fresh pasta…) Now I'm just wrapping up a few last work odds and ends before I pack my bags and head out on that long weekend mountain getaway I mentioned. I've got a vintage buffalo plaid coat just itching to see the light of day! I'll be sharing the view from my cabin on my Instagram, and in the meantime here's a few highlights from around the web:
- Do you relate to this list of things you're forgetting to clean? I sure do—though in my case it's more like 'things you're willfully ignoring when you clean'.
- A year ago this week I blogged about how I handle feeling alone and my love of red coats. Both still feel 100% relevant today. Follow The City Sage on Bloglovin' to make sure you don't miss a post—today, tomorrow, or a year from now!
- Two words: Oreo fudge. Three words: Pumpkin swirl brownies. And now five words: Pumpkin stuffed pretzel french toast. Now make up for all those indulgent words with ten ways to use zucchini noodles.
- I'm not usually fan of roses but these wild and wonderful fall flower arrangements have me rethinking my bias.
- I can count on one hand the number of times I've used my juicer, partly because I never know what to do with the leftover pulp. But these juice pulp muffins solve that problem! (Now if only I could hire someone to clean the juicer's million and one tiny parts…)
- Find me elsewhere on the web this week, exploring the basket pendant light trend and ten things to purge from your house immediately.
- This dark and dramatic Halloween tablescape was designed for October 31 but its moody beauty makes it perfect all fall long!
- Some good giveaways out there! Win minimalist chic fashion from Elizabeth Suzann and Miss Moss, and an all-natural travel beauty kit from One Love Organics and No More Dirty Looks.
- Last but not least, meditation is such a good way to lower stress levels but it can be a tough habit to get into. Here's a beginner's meditation tip to start you (or restart you) on the path.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! (Images: Camp Brand Goods)